0

redeeming the dead from the grave

Posted by poeticnook on 12/05/2004 10:55:00 PM in
And today I chose to hide under these sheets
Because I found no need to show my face
To a world that left the rest of me meaningless
Without purpose, without calm, without conscience

I have always thought the music could wake me
Stir up my soul into submission or rebellion
Whichever is more apt at the precise moment;
But it never did, nothing ever affects me anymore

The way you do, with your nonchalant smile
So I take this knife gallantly and with much courage
The way a valiant but foolish murderer would
And slit it deep into my memories of you.

Not once, not twice, but a thousand times more
Until I can’t breathe and I cant see from all the red
You never die, do you? Not even in my dreams
Where you choose to stab me over and over and over

It only stops when I hide under these sheets once more
Leaving the music and the wakefulness outside
Waiting for the gray and the red to mix and turn to black
But they never would, no they never could

No one can mix colors the way you do

12.06.2004.2.55.p.m.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.