0

i never said i was good

Posted by poeticnook on 4/08/2007 02:39:00 PM
a friend will always want the best for you, unless they're split tongued backstabbers out to get you the minute you look the other way.. more often than not, they will tell you what you need to hear in not too kind words so that you may somehow wake up from your self deceiving reveries. all this, of course, for our own welfare.

i never really took directions well, i always wanted to have my stab at things and carve my own path without having to consult any maps nor ask questions on which street i should turn to or which train i should take. needless to say, i'm not built to take criticisms like a grain of salt. i usually come up with a witty and surprisingly annoying comeback like "this is my life, let me live it, go out and have a life of your own" thus i find it quite hard to accept that some of my closest friends still attempt to needle me by enumerating all my past mistakes.

ok, so i'm not good and wise and perfect like the rest of humankind, but what the heck, i'm allowed to have some temporary lapses of judgement, i haven't killed anyone so far, so i guess i can still have a free pass at life and not be constantly nagged right?

ah well, i'm just ranting, i thought i got over my temper 10 years ago.. seems like it's coming back, must be second childhood.


0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.