0

the days that are fleeting

Posted by poeticnook on 8/20/2009 04:53:00 AM
is it just me or did summer just pass by like a breeze? i blinked and it was still spring, i blinked again and it's summer already, i'm afraid another quick shut eye would bring fall in advance. i don't want the sunny days to be over yet, and yet it's inevitable, the rain and the gray clouds will come soon, bringing with it the wonderful colors of autumn.
for the past two months, i've been at yvr at least 6 times, just whisking people and their baggages to and from the place. being in airports doesn't evoke the same feelings in me anymore, it doesn't affect me anymore. this must mean i'm getting better.

have you ever wanted something so much that it physically hurts when you don't get it? i used to say no, i mean really, what is there in life that's so precious to hold on to that it would break your heart if you don't get it? everything here is temporary anyway, what's the point of holding on? i can be anywhere anytime with anybody doing anything, but do i want to be just that?
as much as i am a traveler, the past year made me appreciate a lot of things missing in my career as a wanderer - growing roots, having residence, family, community. in this ever changing world, it's a comfort to have something constant to hold on to, and just as everything is being pulled away from me, leaving me back to empty, i realized how much i wanted the stuff i never had. it was torture.

it took me a while to bounce back and finally let go and let God do His work, I have done my best. If I am meant to live here then I will stay, if I should be in this job, then I will keep it. If there is somewhere or something better for me, then so be it. He knows my heart and what I want but He also knows what's best for me, He makes all things beautiful in His own time. I am tired of fighting time...

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.