0

the clutter that is my desk

Posted by poeticnook on 11/02/2008 07:38:00 PM
in an effort to replenish my endorphins, went to the gym yesterday to visit my ex best friend last winter - the elliptical machine. the office has a magnet that doesn't fail to reel me in, so i went up to my cube to declutter my table. on the way to the warer station, i couldn't help but notice other people's desks. each one is unique and has something significant that tells about the personality of the one occupying it. some had toys, pictures, papers, some were dirty, too organized, accumulating dust - all of them characteristic of their inhabitant, mirrors of their soul.

when i went back to my seat, i tried to read myself, like a game of poker. but i couldn't really tell much. on my corkboard, there's a print out of release dates, and right below it the serenity prayer. on my shelves are snow globes from places i've visited since i came here last year. below my monitor are souvenirs from places that my friends explored. i have two 500 ml bottles of water, some documents neatly stacked, a mirror that shows me if the window behind me offers sunny skies or gloomy rain, empty boxes of "toys", a miniature chess set, company critters, and that's it - all of them are random things that's supposed to keep me grounded and help me focus.

FOCUS!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.