0

triolet

Posted by poeticnook on 8/11/2005 02:03:00 AM in
i've been trying to write a decent triolet last night before i went to bed. it was awful. im now more than ready to admit that my poetic license has been revoked. still, i'll be posting some stuff tomorrow, just to fill up the empty spaces.

This is from the great Thomas Hardy:

How great my grief, my joys how few,
Since first it was my fate to know thee!
- Have the slow years not brought to view
How great my grief, my joys how few,
Nor memory shaped old times anew,
Nor loving-kindness helped to show thee
How great my grief, my joys how few,
Since first it was my fate to know thee?.

i miss the poetry challenges at our old mailing list.. this is why i'm not so keen in writing anymore.. how ironic, when you have all the free time in the world, you sometimes don't want to do anything at all.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.