0

northern sky

Posted by poeticnook on 8/31/2005 10:02:00 PM in
last night i listened to some songs on my new mobile jukebox, well actually i was listening to just one melody by nick drake that was on eternal repeat. it's from the soundtrack of serendipity. somehow, whenever i hear this song, it brings me back to that one midnight two years ago: with too much vodka sitting on my head, riding at the back of a car, and chasing the sunrise on the sandy beaches of mactan, i told myself "i would like to feel this way again", foolish and giddy, happy and hopeful. these are such elusive feelings, it's so much easier to just be empty.

"I never felt magic crazy as this
I never saw moons knew the meaning of the sea
I never held emotion in the palm of my hand
Or felt sweet breezes in the top of a tree
But now you're here
Brighten my northern sky.

It's been a long time that I'm waiting
Been a long that I'm blown
It's been a long time that I've wandered
Through the people I have known
Oh, if you would and you could
Straighten my new mind's eye."

- northern sky, nick drake


0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.