0

almost famous

Posted by poeticnook on 1/17/2008 09:07:00 AM
met up with the vip's at shangrila - my cousin kat, her beau j, my former workmate venn and i sampled the ridiculously overpriced menu while we watched my other cousin neriz and her friend sing on stage. we were like groupies after each set, the celebrities would sit at our table and entertain us with anecdotes. it was a fun night cap to an otherwise hectic day - buying things i need to bring back, waiting in line to claim papers and going back and forth to the office to submit the documents. still need to go back tomorrow for the med exam then i should be done and ready to have a worry free vacation;

the taxi cab is my best friend again these days, as i shuffle my self between that faraway place called work and the tiny bubble i temporarily call my home. one of the drivers talked to me today and told me how his friend has been a victim of a stick up in that area where i was to be dropped off. made me realize how dangerous it could be to be stranded there at night so i made sure to finish everything before night fall.

with my friends either busy with work or sick of it, i spent the day alone with my thoughts while looking at shop windows. events that unraveled these past few days have been both enlightening and disappointing for me. it made me realize that deceit and danger lurk in the most unexpected places and people despite their good intentions always end up doing the wrong things. this reminded me of what my friend said a while back: "it's not always about manipulation when you lie to get what you want, sometimes it's just self preservation, a twisted act of selfish love.. hell is paved with good intentions"

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.