0

homeless in makati

Posted by poeticnook on 1/16/2008 08:13:00 AM in
after three days of stepping in between shadows of buildings, i've mastered the art of not getting toasted by the sun's humid rays. finished shuffling papers and checks between embassy, banks, offices and notary public, i'm almost done with my errands, except for the medical stuff, security clearance and other things to buy. haven't met up with the vips - my cousins and friends, or whoever's left of them that's still here. i've already used up a week, can't wait for the rest of my vacation to unfold in sunny cebu.

food has got to be the highlight of this trip - got a taste of my favorites - oysters, prawns, crabs.. yum! it compensated for all the calories i burned while running to catch the schedules of the places i need to go to.

as i retire each night on my room at the 26th floor, i can't help but marvel at the lights of the city - the place i've called home since my first day at nursery. it used to be all trees and tall grasses in this part of town, now everything has been replaced by parking lots and malls. suddenly, i feel misplaced, uprooted, homeless...

though mornings greet me with a magnificent view of the skyline, i've found that this dot on the map has lost its meaning for me. i've found relevance somewbere else, and soon i will have to say goodbye for good as i grow my roots away from here.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.