0

hong kong: one night only

Posted by poeticnook on 1/14/2008 01:25:00 AM in
flight from vancouver arrived at 9pm and now stuck at hk airport waiting for food shops to open because i'm starving.. turns out my 40c$ is 288hk$ according to the ticker at travelex, enough to get me a popeye's cajun chicken (if only it were open) but apparently not even enough to buy an iphone case which costs 350hk$ (not that I eat cases for dinner, but why do tech shops stay open longer? they aren't necessities; or are they?). feasted my eyes on the new ultraportables at e3, that's all I can afford - to look at them. practiced my people skills and talked to random stranded passengers like me who have nothing but time to burn on a sunday night.


this is why people stay grounded - to have a warm bed to sleep on instead of airport lounges, to eat comfort foods instead of vacuum packed processed jerky, to have someone to say hi to late at night.. and yet i would never trade the stories of these people i've met in transit to any piece of bread right now. i'm gonna go grab a panini. ^_^

0 Comments

Copyright © 2018 poeticnook All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.